Job Posting: Program Coordinator, Double Up Food Bucks New York
UPDATE: POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. Field & Fork Network is a food and farming organization dedicated to building a thriving regional food system in New York by creating more economic opportunities for local agriculture and by providing greater access to fresh local foods.
The Double Up Food Bucks program (Double Up) is an innovative way to encourage low-income consumers to use their federal food assistance (SNAP) benefits to purchase fresh produce. The project draws on a pool of funds raised from private foundations and federal funds to “match” purchases at participating markets and retailers. Currently, the program operates at farmers markets, mobile markets and healthy corner stores across New York State.
This is a full-time position based in Buffalo. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Program Coordinator Responsibilities
Field & Fork Network seeks a qualified individual to assist in the management of the Double Up Food Bucks program. Working as part of a program team, the program coordinator will:
- Assist with managing the Double Up program in New York.
- Serve as the main point of contact for Double Up markets in New York.
- Assist with program training, marketing, and currency distribution for all markets.
- Ensure that all markets have the resources they need to effectively operate the program.
- Assist with developing partnerships with key agencies and organizations to help promote the program and work with markets to facilitate partnerships and other promotional efforts.
- Assist with evaluation and effectiveness of the program using qualitative and quantitative methods to determine program impact.
- Assist with conducting seasonal market visits to ensure program compliance.
- Assist with writing grants and grant reporting as needed in accordance with short term and long-term goals of the Double Up program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years of successful experience working with community-based organizations and/or with SNAP clients.
- Successful experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and working effectively with persons from diverse backgrounds.
- A minimum of two (2) years of grant writing and reporting preferred.
- A minimum of one to two (1 -2) years of program evaluation preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to creating a diverse and multicultural environment, both within an organization and in the community at large.
Core Competency/Skills Required
- Ability to represent the organization to a variety of stakeholders in a credible and influential way that focuses on the values of the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Excellent analytic ability.
- Team-oriented, anticipatory, self-starter working style.
- Ability to think globally and focus on a large vision paired with the ability to develop and implement local programs that take specific steps toward realizing the vision.
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to think outside the box and to develop novel approaches to solving problems.
- Sound judgment and the ability to make complex, multidimensional decisions.
- Capacity to effectively use research and evaluation, especially for improving programmatic approaches.
- Accountability to goals and outcomes.
- High tolerance for ambiguity.
- Team effectiveness skills and the ability to use interpersonal and political skills in cooperative and diplomatic ways.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Suite.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We value the knowledge, skills and abilities that a diverse team brings to Field & Fork Network. In your cover letter please explain how your background will prepare you to be successful in this role. Field & Fork Network hires without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, height, weight, marital status, disability or any other factor protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No telephone calls, please.