Communications & Digital Content Coordinator
What’s the job?
You are someone with an eye for design and a passion for storytelling. You want to use your skillset to make a positive impact and affect change. You will be an integral member of the team responsible for helping advance the mission of Field & Fork Network by engaging a wide variety of stakeholders through digital communication channels.
You don’t have to learn social media – you are already a pro and know how to keep up with the trends. You understand the purpose of different platforms and know how to design content to advance the goals of a program or organization. You engage followers through your comments and interactions. You keep the website up to date. Your work connects people to what they care about. You can prove it as you can analyze the results of campaigns and adjust to improve. While much of your work is digital, you are an asset to all the communications content being considered and developed. You are a team player, who is adaptable and willing to help our growing organization. You work well independently and take initiative to solve problems and identify opportunities. Your creative side is balanced well with your organizational skills as you are counted on for calendars, schedules, and email communications.
About Field & Fork Network:
Field & Fork Network is a fast-growing New York State food and farming non-profit organization that connects communities to innovative solutions that foster a sustainable food system. Our work focuses on four important areas: agriculture economic development, food access, youth development, and healthy neighborhoods. We are a leader in developing programs and projects that address barriers and challenges across the food system while focusing on the unique needs of every community we serve.
What am I going to do?
- Identify the social media goals in collaboration with program staff and develop a social media strategy to align with those goals.
- Implement the social media strategy and be responsive to timely opportunities by generating, publishing, and sharing engaging content daily.
- Communicate with followers and respond to comments and reviews.
- Monitor and interpret social analytics and make adjustments based on that work. Report monthly on progress towards communication goals.
- Utilize social media tools, such as promotions, surveys, and competitions to increase engagement.
- Create and implement social campaigns.
- Identify and implement new social media trends to increase visibility.
- Update Field & Fork Network’s website keeping content current and accurate.
- Using Field & Fork’s communications strategy plan as a guide, ensure brand consistency across all digital and written platforms.
- Create and coordinate email communications of bi-monthly newsletter.
- Manage Communications Calendar for timely and integrated delivery of communications.
- Work with the program team to assist in site launches and support existing sites’ marketing needs.
- Supports the Communications Director in the creation of marketing and communications collateral.
- Maintain an easy-to-use photo gallery.
The Skill Set:
- BS or BA college degree in communications, marketing, public relations, business, or related field.
- 2 or more years of experience in related work.
- Exhibits the following competencies:
- Tech Savvy: proficiency with the Microsoft 365 platform applications and utilizes technology to stay in touch and effectively manage connection with team. Proficient in Word, Excel, and Google Suite. Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, or other Graphics Software.
- Effective Communicator: excellent written communication skills in both digital and written platforms. Excellent listener allowing for translation of needs into effective communications. Appreciation and understanding of Field & Fork Network’s mission, vision, and brand and the ability to effectively communicate in various mediums. Respectful of followers who disagree while protecting Field & Forks brand.
- Organized: can develop and implement schedules; history of work and resources are well documented and accessible. Ability to prioritize work. Strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Data-driven: Makes adjustments to work based on review of analytics. Know trends in the field and can create trials for testing.
- Adaptability: anticipates and recognizes changes in technology and work requirements and is adept at adapting to those changes; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays and unexpected events.
- Teamwork: balances team and individual work; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; exhibits objectivity and openness to other people’s views.
- Experience in food systems, nonprofits, and/or food justice issues.
What we offer:
- We strive to live and advance Field & Fork Network’s Core Values:
- Equity Minded – We honor unique identities and perspectives with dignity
- Forward Thinking – We turn ideas into long-lasting solutions
- Collaborative – We incorporate diverse voices and ideas
- Our work model is hybrid, combining remote and on-site work. This allows us to get things done when and where we are most productive while staying connected to the team and the communities we serve. Home office is in Buffalo, NY.
- Your salary is supplemented with a competitive benefits package including health benefits, paid time off, and 401(k) employer match.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Angela Janiszewski at email@example.com. No phone calls please.