Office Administrator – Part Time (24 hours/week)
What’s the job?
You thrive in a dynamic environment with lots going on and you take pride in helping the office to run smoothly. Those in the field are just as important to you as those in the office. Your attention to detail and strong communication skills are a great addition to the team. You know that your personal style and quality of work reflects on the organization, and you bring that same energy to also supporting the staff and Board of Directors. You aren’t intimidated by something new – you are a fast learner or able to do the research needed to get up to speed. At the same time, no task is too small to be deserving of your full attention. You embrace the differences in the people you work with, and the communities served and no one questions your integrity and obvious respect for others. You also know when discretion and confidentiality are important and never break the trust people have with you. There is a sincere smile on your face – in person or on the phone – and your friendliness is matched by your professionalism. You expect and embrace change and is part of what you love about working here.
About Field & Fork Network:
Field & Fork Network is a fast-growing New York State food and farming non-profit organization that connects communities to innovative solutions that foster a sustainable food system. Our work focuses on four important areas: agriculture economic development, food access, youth development, and healthy neighborhoods. We are a leader in developing programs and projects that address barriers and challenges across the food system while focusing on the unique needs of every community we serve.
What am I going to do?
- Oversee general office administration such as receiving/greeting office visitors, responding to phone calls and/or routing them to appropriate staff, office supply ordering, organizing and maintaining office inventory (supplies, filing, equipment, etc.), scheduling meetings, planning employee travel, expense reporting, and mailings.
- Assist with human resources and payroll support and serve as the liaise with Field & Fork Network’s HR/Payroll contractor. Administer new hire pre-employment and orientation activities and benefits enrollment.
- Provide support to Executive Director on administrative tasks.
- Provide administrative support for Board of Directors such as scheduling meetings of the board and committees, distributing agendas and materials, and responding to inquiries.
- Support in-person and remote staff with outreach to partners, marketing campaigns, fundraising events, and other activities of the organization.
The Skill Set:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Exhibits the following competencies:
- Friendliness: as the first point of contact for many, exhibit a positive and optimistic outlook, ensuring that everyone has a good experience in their contact with the organization. Your style contributes to comradery among staff, in the office or in the field.
- Adaptability: anticipates and recognizes changes in work requirements and is adept at adapting to those changes; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays and unexpected events.
- Dependability: strong organizational and time management skills enables efficient achievement of tasks on time. Responsive to manager and team. Can attend to a broad range of activities and make decisions on priorities in a timely manner.
- Teamwork: balances team and individual work; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; exhibits objectivity and openness to other people’s views.
- Creative Problem Solving: proposes well-reasoned solutions to problems, contributes ideas.
- Communicator: has good written and verbal communication skills, accepts constructive feedback, is discrete and inclusive.
- Experience working in a non-profit office environment including support of Board of Directors and Executive Director.
- Experience administering Human Resources processes.
- Experience supporting remote staff.
What we offer:
- We strive to live and advance Field & Fork Network’s Core Values of:
- Equity Minded – We honor unique identities and perspectives with dignity
- Forward Thinking – We turn ideas into long-lasting solutions
- Collaborative – We incorporate diverse voices and ideas
- In-office position Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for a total of 24 hours a week.
- Your salary is supplemented with a competitive benefits package including health benefits, paid time off, and 401(k) employer match.
To Apply please email resume and cover letter to Angela Janiszewski at email@example.com